"Importance of Kegel Exercises"
Pelvic floor muscles support the uterus, bladder, and bowel. Many factors can weaken these muscles throughout one’s life, including pregnancy, childbirth, obesity, age, chronic cough, chronic constipation, and a genetic predisposition to weak connective tissue. Kegel exercises are recommended for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles in an effort to delay and possibly prevent pelvic organ prolapse.
Pelvic organ prolapse is a condition in which the pelvic floor muscles weaken, causing the pelvic organs to descend and bulge into the vagina. This causes discomforts including uncomfortable pelvic pressure, incontinence, sexual dysfunction, and tissue pushed out through the vaginal opening. The condition is more common amongst older women, but it is possible for a young woman to have pelvic organ prolapse. Some causes of pelvic organ prolapse are vaginal birth, hysterectomy, and menopause.
During pregnancy, Kegel exercises are recommended highly to ensure that the pelvic floor muscles are strong and well-toned. This will help prevent pelvic organ prolapse later on, but immediate benefits include more comfort towards the due date and less of a chance of developing urine leakage, which is common towards the due date and may continue after childbirth.
Kegel exercises also are recommended highly after childbirth and for women who have trouble reaching orgasm. The exercises tone the pelvic floor muscles and make the vagina tighter. A newly postpartum woman can do the exercises to help her pelvic floor muscles return to their pre-pregnancy strength.
For those just starting to do Kegel exercises, some results should be apparent within approximately 2-3 months. Similar to other types of exercises and physical activity, Kegel exercises should be done frequently in a lifetime to see long-term results.
"About Ben Wa Balls"
Invented hundreds of years ago, Ben Wa Balls were made to enhance sexual stimulation and to exercise the kegel muscles. Still popular to this day, Ben Wa Balls have been one of women's favorite items to use. Now they come in many varieties and variations called Duotone Balls and Kegel Balls. People also refer these kind of products as Ben Wah Balls, Pleasure Balls, Orgasm Balls, Love Balls, and Smart Balls.
As you shop for a pair, you will find some balls are connected by a string, and some connected together with a silicone coating. The string gives an added benefit of being able to tug on the balls for stimulation, exercises, and easy removal. Ben Wa Balls are made of metal so they are naturally weighted. Duotone Balls are made of plastic, larger, and contain weighted balls inside the plastic balls which roll around causing self-made vibrations.
Whichever style of balls you use, they all cause sensations and stimulation. In the old days, women would insert the balls into the vagina and rock back and forth on their rocking chair. The balls would roll and move around inside eventually reaching an orgasm for the woman. You can be creative. Try them while riding the bus, during intercourse, taking walks, or secretly while working.
As a Kegel Exerciser
Ben Wa Balls are great for strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. Since the balls are weighted, you have to use your muscles in the vagina to hold them in. With Kegel Balls, you can squeeze on the elastic silicone or increase resistance by tugging on them. Doing these exercises daily will tighten and firm your vagina muscles. Many gynecologists also recommend using kegel exercisers to treat urinary incontinence since stronger pelvic muscles improve bladder control.
As you can see, Ben Wa Balls have many benefits. Improve your sex life while having fun at the same time! Try a pair and you'll see why women have loved their Ben Wa Balls for years. If you hear people talking about them, they are also sometimes referred to as orgasm balls, smartballs, vaginal weights, love balls, baoding balls, and pleasure balls.
"How to Use Ben Wa Balls"
1. Use the restroom before placing the balls in the vagina.
2. Insert one ball at a time. Putting lubrication on the balls will help them glide in. Women have said that inserting the balls is similar to inserting a tampon. If you’re not used to inserting tampons or if you’re having trouble, you should lift one leg up. If that doesn’t work, try inserting them while lying down.
3. Squeeze your leg muscles together and then your PC muscles together to hold the balls in. The balls should push down a little bit inside your vagina, and they will make your vagina feel “full”. Much like tampons, you should eventually get used to the feeling.
4. Hold the balls inside for at least 15 minutes a day to strengthen your PC muscles. You can hold them in for hours for a better workout.
5. If any balls slip out, wash them well with soap and water and slip them back in.
6. There are several ways to remove the balls including: jump up and down, sneeze, cough, sit and bear down as if you’re having a bowel movement, insert lubricant to help them slide out, etc. If you think you might have a hard time removing the balls, then you may want to purchase balls that are strung onto a retrieval cord. In any case, it is not possible for the balls to disappear inside the body from the vagina.
Ben Wa Ball Tips
• For beginners and those with weaker PC muscles, use plastic balls or larger duotone balls instead of metal balls. Metal balls tend to slip out of the vagina if the PC muscles are not strong enough.
• Balls constructed from latex are comfortable, but latex is hard to clean because it has porous elements. Those who wish to purchase latex balls should clean them well every time they’re used to prevent bacteria build-up.
• Some balls have a retrieval cord, which will make it easier to remove the balls from the vagina.
• Use the balls at home and do not do any rigorous physical activity because the balls will most likely slip out. Even sneezing or coughing can cause the balls to fall out. You wouldn’t want the balls to slip out while you’re in public. Once you’re able to hold them in, then it’s ok to try wearing them in public. However, keep in mind that metal balls will set off metal detectors.
• One or both balls may be worn during sexual intercourse. The balls will stimulate the penis and help increase natural vaginal lubrication.
Methods to Try for Arousal
• Rocking: With the balls inside the vagina, get into a sitting position. Rock back and forth with your legs pressed together.
• Vaginal Penetration: During sex, leave one or both balls in the vagina. The penis will move the ball(s) around, so this technique will also stimulate his penis.
• Vibrator: Leave one or both of the balls in the vagina while inserting the vibrator or using it on the clitoris.
• Retrieval Cord Balls: Use the retrieval cord to pull the balls out. Push the balls back in. This will give your vagina a good workout.
Wishing you success in Love and Life!
Monique Bradford~ The WifeyMommyPreneur Xoxo