Saturday, September 10, 2011

Positive Affirmations: I love them and so does my daughter!


I'm sure you've heard people talk about the power of positive affirmations.  But how many of us actually take the time to recite them on a daily basis?

I was once a person that was too busy to sit down and say all this positive about myself.  I would recite some affirmations every once in a while, but I just couldn't get myself to do it on a daily basis.  Well, for the past week I have been repeating positive affirmations EVERYDAY.  I've also been having my daughter repeat positive affirmations for kids.  We are both loving it!

It is definitely worth it to take a few minutes out of your day to speak positive about yourself and your life!  If you don't speak good about you who will?

The Bible says that Life and death are in the power of the tongue Proverbs 18:21.  When God created the earth, he actually spoke it into existence.  If we are made in his image and likeness, don't you believe that we can also create with our words?  Positive affirmations allow us to create a positive life for ourselves.  Instead of saying, "I don't think I can do it."  Say, "I know I can do anything I put my mind to!  I can do it!"

I've also heard people say, "Change your mind and change your life."  What do you think these people are talking about?  Every negative thought can be changed into a positive thought.  But only YOU can do it.  As you continually recite positive affirmations, you will begin to believe them.

The Bible also says that faith comes by hearing Romans 10:17 .  By saying positive affirmations aloud, you will be hearing positive things about yourself and begin to have faith in what it is that you are saying and hearing on a regular basis.

Let's face it, unless you hang around super positive people everyday that are constantly cheering you on and uplifting you... you will hear some not so positive things about you from other people.  Most people can't wait to point out your flaws or tell you that you can't do something.  It's up to you to determine what you are and what you can do!

A couple of weeks ago, I took my daughter to the Library for story-time.  She was acting completely anti-social.  She kept coming to me while the story was being read, saying things like, "Mommy, nobody is paying attention to me.  They don't like me.  They're being mean to me. She didn't pick me to turn the page, she's ignoring me."  And she was poking her lips out and putting her head down.  It REALLY disturbed me.  I kept telling her that everyone liked her, no one was being mean to her and she wasn't being ignored.  It made me think... "Boy, I really have to get her around other kids more often,"  I felt like I was doing a bad job at raising her.

After that incident, I kept dwelling on it.  I wanted to find a solution to this issue my daughter was having with negative thinking.  Which was all it was, "Negative Thinking" which was causing her to act in a negative way.  Then it hit me!  I was saying MY positive affirmations and I said, "Hey!  If positive affirmations are working for me, then they have to work for Lryical."  And so, I went online and found some wonderful positive affirmations for kids.  I have been having her recite them daily and she is a completely new kid!

The first time she said them, she immediately said, "Let's say them again!"  And she was beaming.  Saying all of those positive things about herself made her FEEL good.  They do it for me and they will do the same for you!

I took my daughter to one of K12's back-to-school events and she was little miss social butterfly.  I was so happy.  I will continue to have her recite them on a daily basis.  Here are some of the affirmations that we go through daily:  They are from the website www.childrenlights.com


Social:
I am friendly.
I am a good friend to myself.
I am kind to others and they are kind to me.
I am helpful.
I am a good listener.
I express myself clearly.
I make friends easily.
I have lots of friends who love me.
New friends are continually coming into my life.
I play well with others.

They also have positive affirmations for Self Confidence, Spiritual, Health and Emotional.  With all of this said, we will continue to recite our positive affirmations and I highly recommend that you and your children do too!

Always wishing you success in Love and Life!


Monique Bradford~  The WifeyMommyPreneur!


My Recommendations:


Twelve Affirmations To Business Success - http://www.morebusiness.com/getting_started/primer/d1010981723.brc

List Of Positive Daily Affirmations -
http://evelynlim.hubpages.com/hub/List-Of-Positive-Daily-Affirmations



No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT! :)

How To Activate Your Follow Button On FACEBOOK in 2022!

If you are using Facebook for business then you definitely want to have your Follow Button activated.  It's an easy way for others to f...