Friday, December 3, 2010

Facebook "Fight Against Child Abuse" Movement





I have officially joined the "Fight Against Child Abuse" Movement on Facebook.  I think it's an awesome cause and I'm so glad that people are stepping up to protect the children of our world, by saying "Hey!  This is wrong!  It's never alright to abuse a child!"  I am all for it!  With that said, I, along with many other FACEBOOK Users will be a cartoon characters until Monday, December 6th.

The reason that I wanted to blog about this is because: #1 - I wanted to bring awareness to the issue of Child Abuse
#2 - You have to read this poem!  I copied it from the Official "Fight Against Child Abuse" Facebook "Info" Page.  It is heart breaking.  It really sheds light on the reality of child abuse from a child's perspective.  

Below is the copy of the poem.  Brace yourself.  Like the creator of the Facebook Page said, "This will make you sick!"

Always wishing you Health, Wealth and Wisdom!
Monique Bradford (The Smirf) ~  The WifeyMommyPreneur  


My name is Sarah
I am but three,
my eyes are swollen
I cannot see.

I must be stupid,
I must be bad,
what else could have made
my daddy so mad?

I wish I were better,
I wish I weren't ugly,
then maybe my Mommy
would still want to hug me.

I can't speak at all,
I can't do a wrong
or else I'm locked up
all the day long.

When I awake I'm all alone
the house is dark
my folks aren't home.

When my Mommy does come
I'll try and be nice,
so maybe I'll get just
one whipping tonight.

Don't make a sound!
I just heard a car
my daddy is back
from Charlie's Bar.

I hear him curse
my name he calls
I press myself
against the wall.

I try and hide
from his evil eyes
I'm so afraid now
I'm starting to cry.

He finds me weeping
he shouts ugly words,
he says its my fault
that he suffers at work.

He slaps me and hits me
and yells at me more,
I finally get free
and I run for the door.

He's already locked it
and I start to bawl,
he takes me and throws me
against the hard wall.

I fall to the floor
with my bones nearly broken,
and my daddy continues
with more bad words spoken.

'I'm sorry!' I scream
but its now much too late
his face has been twisted
into unimaginable hate.

The hurt and the pain
again and again
oh please God, have mercy!
oh please let it end!

And he finally stops
and heads for the door,
while I lay there motionless
sprawled on the floor.

My name is Sarah
and I am but three,
tonight my daddy
murdered me.


There are thousands of kids out there just like Sarah. And you can help

It sickens me to my soul, If you are affected by this poem, do something about it!! So all I am asking you to do is take some time to send this on and acknowledge that this stuff does happen, and that people like her dad do live in our society , and pray for child abuse to wither out and die, but also pray for the safety of our youth.

Please pass this poem on as a Blue Ribbon Against Child Abuse because, as crazy as it might sound, it might just indirectly change a life.



*~*~*AGAINST CHILD ABUSE*~*~

1 comment:

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT! :)

How To Activate Your Follow Button On FACEBOOK in 2022!

If you are using Facebook for business then you definitely want to have your Follow Button activated.  It's an easy way for others to f...