Monday, August 29, 2011

Genius Idea For The Busy Mom: The "Mommy, I'm Bored" Activity Jar!


I don't know if you all know this, but not only am a a business owner, but I also home-school my 6 year-old daughter.  I am super busy!  Not most days, but EVERYDAY!

I dedicate my mornings to my daughter.  I give her her lessons, do arts & crafts, play games, etc.  After that, It's my time!  I start working on my to-do list.  That means, blog posts, business building, phone calls, e-mails, cooking, cleaning... whatever has to be done for the home and my business.

Now, there are some days when my daughter miraculously let's me handle my business without bothering me... but most days... that is NOT the case!  So, I decided to create the "Mommy, I'm Bored" Activity Jar.

I got the idea from www.thehappyhousewife.com  I thought is was genius and as you can see from the picture above, both my daughter and her cousin created their own jars.  Once they were finished with their creations, I then took some flash cards and cut them in half.  Then, I wrote all kinds of activities on them.  The Happy Housewife was gracious enough to share with us the activities she came up with.  You can find them HERE.

The idea is to keep your children occupied with a different activity for 30 minutes.  So, if I'm busy and my daughter is bored, I tell her to go pick a card from the jar.  She then spends the next 30 minutes doing the activity written on the card.  Isn't it genius!!  I think so.  I made use of it today and it worked like a charm.

So, if you are looking for something to keep your children occupied while you get your work done... I highly recommend The "Mommy, I'm Bored" Activity Jar!

Wishing you success in Love and Life,


Monique~  The WifeyMommyPreneur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT! :)

How To Activate Your Follow Button On FACEBOOK in 2022!

If you are using Facebook for business then you definitely want to have your Follow Button activated.  It's an easy way for others to f...